I love accessories, especially arm candy bracelets.
There are so many inexpensive places to buy bracelets, but creating your own sets you apart from the rest and boost your style icon points closer to the top of fashionista list.
Labor day has passed and fall fashion is here!
Time to update your wardrobe. My favorite way to update my wardrobe is picking a few celebrity inspirations . I take my favorite celebrity looks, such as this week style inspiration Nicole Richie and buy off label look-a-likes.
Nicole Richie has made her mark as a style inspiration over the years and I love how she always looks stylish and comfortable. The style look for less
Nicole Richie look’s amazing with one of Fall’s hottest trends, it didn’t take her long to switch over. Basic colors and a bit of edge with Fall’s Leather trend looks amazing on any one if done right. Add a pop of color with shoes or a clutch .
This look is bound to be a easy way to stay in trend with out going overboard.
- Long Sleeve Basic Neutral color shirt
- Leather or Faux Leather Skirt
- Pop Color Clutch
- Nude Heels
Finding the right look-a-like fashion pieces for less is easy.
- Always shop with an objective. Go in with the idea of the essential pieces to re-create your celebrity style inspiration’s look. ( If you don’t you will spend more dollars on things that you don’t need…defeats the purpose of savings.
- Have the picture on your phone or in hand to remind you
- Make sure the clothes fit correctly. Just because it ‘s cheap doesn’t mean it is ok to buy, trust me it will sit in your closet for the next 3 seasons.
- Be creative
So our summer has come to an end. Don’t let that discourage you, because Fall Fashion is here and is packed full of amazing trends! Keep a look out for your style inspiration and re-create their look like I just did from Nicole Richie’s latest red carpet look.
Remember enter each day to win my swag bag…only a few weeks left any one can win $200 + in Fashion Style worthy loot!
- Web Snob: Nicole Richie for Macy’s, Lady Gaga’s New Hairdo, and More! (stilettojungleblog.com)
- Just In: Nicole Richie for Impulse Only at Macy’s (whowhatwear.com)
- Nicole Richie – ‘emotional Dresser’ Nicole Richie (contactmusic.com)
- Nicole Richie: ‘Nicole’ Launch at Macy’s! (justjared.com)
- Nicole Richie Is Not A Regular Mom, She’s A Cool Mom (Proof: These Studded Booties) (shefinds.com)
- Celebrity Twitpics Of The Week: Alexa Chung, Nicole Richie, Karlie Kloss And More (graziadaily.co.uk)
- Nicole Richie: ‘Strongest Woman’ Joel Madden Has Ever Met! (justjared.com)
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide: Shop For the Boho Girl, Like Nicole Richie (uk.eonline.com)
Fall Make Up Trend DIY Ombre Lips
Sweetjellybean.com Found a great new app to give you make over inspiration before committing.
I am excited to try this app out, the worst way to waste money is go full blast with a make over and decide it isn’t the right style for you.
Try it out and tell me what you think?
- New Blogger Tips & Tools: Free Photoshop Clones with GIMP2 & Pixlr ! (storybookapothecary.com)
- C©pyright Images Make Me Into One Worried Bean. (skingoodness.net)
- Calling all DIY bloggers… this post is for you. (sweetjellybean.wordpress.com)
- Turning your blog posts into beautiful Word Clouds (janetsnotebook.com)
- Check Out My New Header & Grab A Blog Button! (storybookapothecary.com)
- My DIY 101: Step-by-step to customize your blog header with Pixlr Express. (sweetjellybean.com)
- My DIY 101: Longer version to utilize Pixlr Express to customize your blog banner/header (sweetjellybean.wordpress.com)
Originally posted on SweetJellyBean.com: Beauty, Blog Tweaks:
Yahoo’s article on Worst Beauty Blunders somewhat brought me to this site or app. While I sat next to my little one – both of us are being lazy bums- I browsed further and thought, hey, let’s try this app, and see.
If you want something to cheer yourself up, then a makeover might just do it for ya. Without having to shed some cash, of course. If you have a few minutes to spare, then get on this app! It’s actually quite fun!
Tip: Best pic to use is a close up pic or one that’s facing the camera, otherwise, you’ll have to fiddle more if the photo is angled a certain way.
Looking for a fun way to update your makeup for fall with out spending a buck?
Being a make up artist in the industry, I had to learn how to be creative and resourceful when I had limited products to work with.
Don’t limit yourself, try new ways to use your eyeshadow, lipsticks, blushes, etc to create new looks
Here is a quick How to tutorial in creating the perfect Ombre Lip
Products you will need:
- Various shades of Lipstick or your favorite one
- blushes or eyeshadows
- neutral lipliner
- A flat stiff eyeshadow blush or if you like a hands on approach your fingers.
- A bit of imagination
Step 1: Line your lips with a natural lipliner. This will give you a crisp clean lip and also keep your lipstick from moving.
Step 2: Use Your Favorite Lipstick or a Lipstick that you want to update that’s been sitting in your drawer and apply to your lips. Use a lip brush for more precision if you can.
Step 3: Choose a blush color or eyeshadow color that is in the same color family as the lipstick. Example if you are using a red lipstick choose a pink blush or eyeshadow. If you want more drama find a gold shimmer eyeshadow.
Step 4: Using the flat stiff eyeshadow or your index finger and pat the eyeshadow or blush right in the center of your pout. This will give your lips the ombre affect and also make your lips look fuller because of the color contrast.
Step 5: Rock your New Fall make up revamped ombre lips, and say
Thank you, I did it myself ….
Perfect DIY makeup trend to update your current makeup for fall! Time to get Creative and start mixing!
Follow Your Haute Couture on Pinterest for more DIY Beauty Makeup Fashion Inspiration
- Get The Most From Your Makeup: Concealer (bellasugar.com)
- 5 Wedding Makeup Tips Every Bride Should Know (bellasugar.com)
- Meet the YSL beauty expert (johnlewis.com)
- Styleblazer Beauty Must-Have: Madonna’s Official Red Lipstick For New Tour (Get Madge’s Hot Painted Pout!) (styleblazer.com)
- Select the Makeup Style and the Lipstick (healthlifestyleforever.com)
- Accentuating Beauty: Part 3 (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- How to Apply Makeup? (jhingblog.wordpress.com)
- Summer glittering (anjacajhen.blogspot.com)
We have all been there getting ready in the bathroom in a rush, and bam! Your favorite eyeshadow is smashed and ruined!
Your first instinct, is that it’s a toss out and you have to head to M.A.C and pay another $14.50 not including tax to get it replaced. Bummer.
Well, don’t go throwing it away yet! It is time to get creative and put that broken eye shadow to work. DIY project …
Thanks to your broken eyeshadow, you don’t have to buy anything at all to rock this haute new style worthy trend.
Here is a quick how to change your broken eye shadow into color mascara.
1. Coat your lashes like normal with your favorite mascara, preferably a more wet in texture mascara.
2. Using a clean old mascara wand, (sanitize the old wand withalcohol, rinse with water, let dry…pink eye is not so haute) Smudge into the broken eyeshadow and tap off excess.
3. Then apply the broken eyeshadow with the wand and wiggle it on to your lashes (make sure the mascara you put on first is still wet so the eye shadow pigment grabs)
4. Do all the steps one more time if you want the color to be brighter, but don’t over do it or you’ll get major Tammy Fey Clumping action…again not so haute.
Va-Va-Voom Instant Colored Mascara with out spending a dime…and you are rocking the hautest new trend! Colored Mascara with your broken eye shadow!
- Review: Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Instructional Palette (truebeautyu.com)
- Eyeshadow 101 Cont’d: Brown Eyed Girls (fabsugar.com)
- Eyeshadow 101: Today’s Theme is Purple (fabsugar.com)
- How-To: Make Small Eyes Look Larger (bellasugar.com)
- MAC Neo Nebula Mineralize Eyeshadow Review (chaosandcliche.com)
- How to Rock the Color Block (makeup.com)
- Cat Eye Tutorial (glamdollteaston.wordpress.com)
- Easy Steps To Achieve A Perfect Winged Eyeshadow Look (myfacehunter.com)
- 26 Eccentric Eyeshadow Looks – From Hamburger Eyeshadow Adverts to Raccoon Eye Makeup (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Product review | Mustaev “Aura” eyeshadow and “Easygo” powder brush swatches and first impressions. (gimmejakesauvage.com)
- Have you seen Hera’s goldilux? (lisanneblogt.wordpress.com)
- Shopping online for eye shadows (amyperry80.typepad.com)