A blog about staying #StyleWorthy on a budget and money saving tips on starting a successful career in the entertainment industry.
Welcome to Your Haute Couture.
Starting out in the entertainment industry is tough.
- Cost of head shots/zed/building model portfolios
- Recording studio time
- Paying for music or acting classes
- Paying for clothes for auditions, events, or shows
Not including living expenses.
A lot of people move to Los Angeles and take on flexible jobs at restaurants or bars that depend on tips, which isn’t always dependable income. However, the flexible hours allows you to go on the auditions or take of days to focus on your dream job in the entertainment industry.
Afraid of going broke trying to stay up with the current trends and paying for necessities for getting started in the entertainment industry?
Your Haute Couture is about staying within your budget and still being able to break into the entertainment industry with a bang.
I’ve lived in Los Angeles my whole life and been both behind and in front of the camera. Like many in the beginning of my career, I overspent, sacrificed eating top ramen for a month, and worked long hours for measly tips. One day it dawned on me that I didn’t have to keep struggling. I learned how to be resourceful utilizing my network and thinking out of the box, to keep up with the ” Jone’s.”
I made it a goal to learn how to stand out of a crowd without having to compromise on my living and working conditions.
Now you don’t have to as well. Your Haute Couture is a blog where I share tips and tricks on style, industry tips, and more.
You can expect to find articles about:
- Beauty DIY
- Self-Branding Yourself
- Fashion Tips
- Style Trends
- Reviews on anything from shopping in Los Angeles, beauty brands, fashion lines and more
- Give-Aways & Contest
- Occasionally I’ll write an article that is more about a personal experience that we can all learn from
This isn’t a one side blog where I funnel out information. My goal for Your Haute Couture is to give you useful resources that you can utilize but also have you contribute what ever tips and tricks you have learned as well with Your Haute Couture readers.
If you haven’t yet, subscribe to Your Haute Couture to stay update on new content about style and entertainment industry tips.
Another perk is that you’ll also be notified about the latest contest and give-aways on Your Haute Couture. So sign up with your email for the latest updates.
- Christian Dior by John Galliano: Fall/Winter 1997/98 Haute Couture Show | FashionTV (fclothes.com)
- Haute couture for all: a history of style in 100 dresses (guardian.co.uk)
- Jennifer Lawrence Wins Oscar, Wearing Dior Haute Couture Gown (forbes.com)
- Paris Haute Couture: Chanel spring/summer 2013 (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- My Attempts at Haute Couture (survivingpaloalto.wordpress.com)
- Sensational Couture Lingerie (pleasurements.com)
- Christophe Josse Haute Couture Spring 2013 (fashionising.com)